Happy New Year
Emera Oval is now open! Great opportunity to get some exercise and enjoy the winter months. The Emera Oval is now open for the 2020-21 winter season, weather and ice conditions permitting. The Emera Oval will have a reduced capacity to follow current public health guidelines. Due to COVID-19, skaters must pre-register for public skate times at halifax.ca/myREC. Skaters will be able to register two days in advance and there will be no group or school bookings for this season. Detailed instructions for registration are outlined in the table below. A reminder to residents that as per the provincial public health order, non-medical face masks are required in all indoor public places, including hallways and washrooms.
HRM Public Libraries are still in operation with curbside pickup! They can bring you your holds, a new or replacement library card, free menstrual products, snack packs, activity pack for kids, copies of daily puzzles, free disposable masks, winter gear like warm socks, gloves, hats & hand warmers, borrow a Chromebook, use their outdoor Wi-Fi and much more. *Some branches might not have all of these services. You can contact your local branch to confirm. https://halifax.bibliocommons.com/locations
Some of the top picks for supporting local this year
- Battery Park – http://batterypark.ca
- Buta Ramen – https://butaramen.ca/
- Brightwood Brewery – https://www.brightwoodbrewery.com/
- Café Good Luck – https://www.manualfoodanddrinkco.com/goodluck/
- Stone Pizza – https://stonepizza.ca/
- Lake City Cider – https://lakecitycider.ca/
- New Scotland Brewing – https://newscotlandbrewing.ca/
- Revana Pizza – http://revanapizza.ca/dart/
- Hungry Hut – http://thehungryhut.com/
- District 5 – https://www.facebook.com/District-5-Bar-Grill-105626381070913/
- Portland Street Creperie – https://www.xn--portlandstreetcrperie-d6b.com/
If Possible, please think about donating to local organisations who so need our help this year.
- Metro Turning Point – https://www.shelternovascotia.com/
- Adsum House – https://adsumforwomen.org/
- Phoenix Youth Shelter – https://phoenixyouth.ca/services
- Refugee Association of Nova Scotia – http://www.rainbowrefugeens.com/
- Transition House – https://thans.ca/
- Alice House – https://alicehouse.ca/
- Out of the Cold Shelter – https://www.facebook.com/OTC.HFX/
Updated Covid Rules as of January 4, 2020
- Halifax and Hants County restaurants can re-open for dine-in service. Restaurants can only serve dine-in customers until 10pm and must close by 11pm. Restaurants can continue to offer take-out, delivery and drive-thru service after 11pm.
- Halifax and Hants County liquor licensed (drinking) establishments (like bars, wineries, distillery tasting rooms and craft taprooms) can re-open for dine-in service. Liquor licensed (drinking) establishments can only serve dine-in customers until 10pm and must close by 11pm. Liquor licensed establishments can continue to offer take-out, delivery and drive-thru service after 11pm.
Shameless Plug of the Month: Tried and Tested! Here are my takeout picks for the month!
Kofuku Japanese and Thai – https://www.facebook.com/kofukuhalifax/
El Este Taqueria – https://elestetaqueria.net/?utm_source=gmb&utm_medium=referral
Spice Hub Indian Kitchen – https://spicehubns.ca/
Happy New Year Everyone. The market still hasn’t slowed down, with many buyers out there and very low inventory in HRM. This is by far the most intense market I have seen in my 18-year career – there has been a 10% increase in average sale price just in the past year. If you are thinking of selling, this is a great time! If you are thinking of buying, an experienced agent can help you through the process. We are still following the rules laid out for us by wearing masks, using hand sanitizer and filling out Covid 19 disclosure forms. If you have any questions about real estate please call me at 902-209-7073 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any info you would like included in the February newsletter,
please call Rosie at 902-209-7073 or email email@example.com