- Through to December 18th – Evergreen Festival – Downtown Halifax – Bundle up and get ready to celebrate the most wonderful time of the year – the Evergreen Festival! Enjoy 4 weeks of outdoor family-friendly festive fun. Follow their Facebook page for all the latest news and events! For more info visit https://www.evergreenfestns.com/lights
- Thurs, November 24th to December 10th – Red Riding’s in the Hood – TAG’s Traditional Holiday Pantomime – A fun and friendly family fantasy. It’s someday, sometime deep in the dark lush woods of Haligonia and there’s a rumour of a rumble. Tickets are $20 Adults, Students and Seniors are $18 and members are $15. Theatre Arts Guild’s Pond Playhouse. For more info visit https://www.tagtheatre.com/
- Friday, December 2nd, 3rd and 4th – Halifax Crafters Society Winter Market – Come to some Holiday shopping from local makers.Light House Arts Centre 1800 Argyle Street. Free Admission. For info visit them on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/halifaxcrafters
- Friday, December 2nd, 3rd and 4th to – Christkindlmarket – Dartmouth’s Alderney Landing will be hosting a weekend of festive fun with their annual Christkindlmarket. Get in the holiday spirit with the Traditional German Market, Food, Drinks, Carousel Rides, live music and lots of festive fun! Christmas at Alderney Landing, shop local! Open Friday 4pm to 9pm, Saturday 8am to 9pm and Sunday 11am to 4pm. For more info visit www.alderneylanding.com
- Saturday, December 3rd – Handmade Christmas Craft Show – Taking place at Cole Harbour Place from 10am to 4pm. They are very excited to announce our ‘Handmade Christmas’ craft show. There will be over 50 local vendors with a beautiful array of handmade goods. Admission $2.
- Saturday, December 3rd – TD Lights of Dartmouth Christmas – Come join the fun for a free night in Downtown Dartmouth for the whole family. Gather your friends and family and view the spectacular light display. 5:00 to 6:30pm. Holiday Fireworks over Sullivan’s Pont at 6:30. For more information and a map of the locations visit https://www.halifax.ca/parks-recreation/events/td-lights-dartmouth-christmas
- Sunday, December 4th – Shubie Park Christmas Tree Lighting – Bring the whole family to Shubie Park. This Community Event is for the whole family! Cocoa, roasting marshmallows on a bonfire, music, and a visit from Father Christmas. It’s always a great way to kick off the season. New this year is an outdoor movie screening after the tree lighting. Don’t forget to bring a blanket and a chair! Starts at 4pm. For more info visit https://www.facebook.com/events/1310371483040662
- Thursday, December 9th – Don We Now Our Gay Apparel – Get me Through December – 7:30pm to 9:30pm. St. Andrew’s United – They are BACK! The HGMC is proud to present the first in person concert in 2 years with the annual holiday offering. Get Me Through December serves as a celebration of song, friendship and family during the holiday season and is a reminder that regardless of what we have been through over the past few years, we have much to be thankful for! For tickets visit www.hgmc.ca
- Friday, December 16th – Reel Family Movie Night – Arthur Christmas – Starts at 7pm, doors open at 6:30pm. Wear your PJ’s and bring a pillow and blanket. Presented by Alderney Landing Community Culture Centre. Free Admission. Concessions for purchase provided by Eastern Front Theatre. For more info visit https://www.alderneylanding.com/events/arthur-christmas-2022/
Rosie Loves Local – Pick of the Month – My pick for this month are all the local charities that so need our help this season. Please consider donating to some of the ones I support. Alice House- https://alicehouse.ca/ Dartmouth Community Fridge https://www.facebook.com/groups/dartmouthcommunityfridge/ Out of the Cold https://www.outofthecold-hfx.ca/ and Bide Awhile- https://bideawhile.org/
Shameless Plug of the Month: Don’t forget to get your Santa Letters out! It’s that time of year and Santa needs to know what you would like under the tree. Have them in the mail by December 7th! No postage required! Santa’s address is: Santa Clause, North Pole, HOH OHO, Canada.
Real Estate Update – Tis the season to deck some new halls! Our market still has plenty of buyers looking for homes and while many sellers put off listing during the holidays, there are some great reasons to list now: there aren’t a lot of homes on the market this time of year, only serious buyers are out looking right now, and homes often look their best during the holiday season. Give me a call if you’re thinking of making a move!
If you have any info you would like included in the January newsletter,
please call Rosie at 902-209-7073 or email email@example.com