Spring Ahead on March 12th!
- Friday, March 3rd and 4th – Soap Making Workshop – Nova Scotians who love natural homemade soap products can learn how to make it the traditional way at The Cole Harbour Heritage Farm. A two-day artisan soap making workshop on March 3, 6 – 9 pm and March 4, 6 – 7 pm will feature Nova Scotia soap maker Maggie Jenkins who has dedicated over 5 years to learning and mastering the craft. Participants will be taught everything they need to know to safely make their own cold process soaps from scratch. Attendees will learn about scenting, using natural additives and how to source their own raw ingredients from suppliers. The workshop includes all raw materials. Participants will take home 9-10 of their own soaps. *Participants must be at least 16 years of age* For more info visit https://coleharbourfarmmuseum.ca/events/
- Friday, March 10th – Ceilidh (‘kay-lee’) Coffee House – from 6-8pm at Evergreen House (26 Newcastle St)! This has limited room so please RSVP by emailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Coffee Houses are by donation – leave what you can. They are also looking for performers – musicians, poets, authors, etc. for the coffee house! If you’re interested in performing at their coffee house please sign up on their google form here: https://forms.gle/rUP4rGwdFwzgiHEd9
- Friday, March 10th, 11th and 12th – Atlantic Outdoor Sports and RV Show – Check out Tidekite, ReWIND Adventures, Blokart and Moreat the BIGGEST event for outdoor enthusiasts in Atlantic Canada! 2023 will be a year of new toys, education and cool products, all of your old favourites & great family friendly entertainment. Halifax Exhibition Center. For more info visit https://www.hfxec.com/events-news
- Thursday, March 23rd to April 1 – The Coast Halifax Burger Bash – Halifax Burger Bash is a city-wide burger-eating phenomenon and fundraiser for Feed Nova Scotia put on by The Coast. Creative burger offerings either have a special set price, or a higher price with the restaurant making a donation to Feed Nova Scotia from every burger sold. The lineup guides patrons all over the city to new restaurants and old favourites alike, all in the name of burgers! Raising over $767k for Feed Nova Scotia over the past 10 years, it has become the largest fundraiser for the organization outside of their own initiatives. For more info visit https://burgerbash.ca/
- Friday, March 24th, 25th & 26th – Spring Ideal Home Show – Atlantic Canada’s ultimate showcase for indoor and outdoor living is back to help you create the home of your dreams. The region’s largest home show brings hundreds of expert exhibitors together to give you advice, inspiration and show specials. From basic home improvements to major renovations, this is the place to get inspired for your next project! Halifax Exhibition Center. For more info visit http://www.springideal.ca/
- Saturday, March 25th – Cole Harbour Maritime Artisans Spring Fair – Welcome to the annual Maritime Artisans Spring Fair where you will find 50+ local crafters showcasing their amazingly unique items just in time for Easter! FREE ADMISSION! Cole Harbour Place. For more info visit them on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/events/481861510590505
Rosie Loves Local – Pick of the Month: Battery Park Beer Bar – This is becoming a favourite of mine, great service and fantastic food. Some of my top picks is the warm potato salad, beef stroganoff Fries and oh so many mushrooms, Yummy! Check them out at https://www.facebook.com/batterybeerbar
Shameless Plug of the Month: Live Art Dance – COMPAGNIE MARIE CHOUINARD – March 8 at 8pm at the Rebecca Cohn Auditorium Radical Vitality is the result of Marie Chouinard delving into her company’s repertoire to compose a new work consisting of solos and duets. She brought a new perspective to these small choreographic forms and recreated them: new costumes or sound environments, new choreographic adaptations, etc. She also unearthed certain projects which, until now, were stuck in the pages of her choreographer’s notebooks. Amongst the review of duets and solos is a brand-new duet that Chouinard choreographed for this collection. For more info visit https://liveartdance.ca/
Real Estate Market News – Are you thinking of listing your home? We need inventory! There are very few homes available and there are lots of buyers looking, so it’s a great time to go to market. Prices are remaining strong in NS, unlike in other parts of the country, so why not give me a call to discuss your options? Spring is just around the corner!
If you have any info you would like included in the April newsletter,
please call Rosie at 902-209-7073 or email email@example.com