Happy Canada Day Everyone!
Congratulations Nova Scotia, we have been working hard and it is really paying off. We are doing a fantastic job and I am so proud of Nova Scotia! https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/
- We can now gather with 10 people without social distancing and we can gather with 50 people with social distancing. Recognized business or organization can have up to 250 people with physical distancing rules in place
- One of the major rules that was lifted in the past month is that playgrounds are now open for play and just in time with this lovely weather. Pools, splash pads are also included.
- We now have an Atlantic bubble! Effective July 3rd, Nova Scotia will bubble with New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland and Labrador, allowing Atlantic Canadians to travel within the region without having to self-isolate.
- Stores, restaurants and pubs have opened, please be respectful of the new rules and have patience with how business owners now have to operate for your protection but please support, they need you more than ever!
Even with all this good news, please continue to wash your hands, use hand sanitizer, wear masks where you can’t socially distance, and be kind.
And just a little reminder from our friend Grover
It’s time to celebrate Canada’s 153rd Birthday!
Mayor Mike Savage and members of Regional Council are inviting residents to join in the first virtual Canada Day celebrations on Wednesday, July 1, 2020.
Halifax was selected by Canadian Heritage and CBC to take part in a national virtual Canada Day celebration. Halifax will be featured as part of the Ottawa national coverage, showcasing our people, city and community at 9 pm AST.
Performances for the Halifax and Dartmouth Canada Day celebrations will begin at 7:00 p.m. (subject to change) on the Halifax Regional Municipality’s Youtube page and the HFX Civic Events Facebook page. Eastlink will also feature the broadcast for those looking to tune in on cable TV. Joining us from locations across the municipality is Juno Winner Joel Plaskett, Reeny Smith, Jah’Mila, Mo Kenney, Owen O Sound Lee, Ben Caplan and Classified. We will also have multiple surprises throughout the broadcast. Tune in to see the beautiful locations we were able to safely perform in!
- Dartmouth Farmers Market is open again! Check out the outdoor Market at Alderney Landing in Dartmouth. Visit https://www.alderneylanding.com/market/
- Rasa: Flavours of India now open www.rasarestaurant.ca. So good!
- Jamaica Vibe Express is back! Cornwallis Street! They are following a takeout model. Check them out at https://jamaica-vibes-restaurant.business.site/
- Battery Park Beer Bar is now open for dine-in and take out at 62 Ochterloney. http://batterypark.ca/
- Portland Street Creperie – Open for takeout (closed Mon and Tues); Ice Cream window open too. Visit https://www.portlandstreetcreperie.com/
- Opening in July – Doraku (Japanese restaurant) on Ochterloney. I think I’ll have to try it out!
- A new Asian grocery store is being opened on Wyse Road in Dartmouth (former Wyse Buys location)
- The Canteen – Dining room open for lunch and Saturday brunch. Take out dinners available Thursday to Saturday
- The Wooden Monkey Restaurant – Open for dine in and take out
- Buta Ramen – Open for dine-in, takeout and delivery
- 360 Lounge is opening at 815 Bedford Highway. Check out https://www.360loungehfx.com/
The market has certainly picked up with many buyers but very low inventory in HRM. If you are thinking of selling, this is a great time! We are still following the rules laid out for us by wearing masks, using hand sanitizer and filling out Covid 19 disclosure forms. If you have any questions about real estate please call or email me at email@example.com or 902-209-7073
If you have any info you would like included in the August newsletter,
please call Rosie at 902-209-7073 or email firstname.lastname@example.org