Happy Father’s Day!
- Friday, June 2nd and 3rd – The Annual Downtown Dartmouth Spring Cleanup – Join everyone at Alderney Landing by the town clock from 10am to 12pm. All are welcome. Littler clean-up materials provided. Light snacks and refreshments available after clean-up. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saturday, June 3rd – Fibre Frolic! Visit the Cole Harbour Heritage Farm and meet the sheep and lambs. Watch live sheep shearing with Peter Kosier. Visit the colourful fiber marketplace, watch live demonstrations of felting, spinning, handweaving, sock-making, and more! Children can visit the Wool Discovery area to learn about wool, fibre crafts, and take part in hands-on activities. Grab a bite from the Frolic Grill, Sweet Lindsey’s cupcakes, or the Rose & Kettle Tearoom. For more info visit https://coleharbourfarmmuseum.ca/events/
- Saturday June 3rd and 4th – Curbside Give Away Weekend – Rid yourself of clutter and find some great FREE items on your own during this giveaway. Put out your unwanted household items during Curbside Give Away Weekend instead of discarding them. It’s a great way to reduce the amount of garbage ending up in the landfill. This event takes place rain or shine all across the municipality. Put your unwanted household items at the curb during the weekend and clearly mark “FREE” For more info visit https://www.halifax.ca/home-property/garbage-recycling-green-cart/education-outreach/curbside-give-away-weekend
- Tuesday, June 6th to 11th – Eastern Front Theatre presents – Stages Theatre Festival! The annual Spring festival of new works, STAGES focuses on bold and innovative new work that toes the line of what theatre can be. From full productions to family offerings and interactive pieces, STAGES highlights new performances from Atlantic Canada and beyond. For more info visit https://www.easternfronttheatre.com/stages
- Thursday, June 8th to 11th – Halifax Greek Fest – Enjoy authentic Greek Food, music and dances at the outdoor taverna or take some food to go. The Choice is yours. Walk on down, buy your tickets for your favourite meal, sit down and be entertained by the band Alexandros and Company, or by our own Romiosyni Dance Group with traditional dance from Greece! Thursday 4pm to 9pm and Friday 4pm to 11pm, Saturday and Sunday Noon to 11pm. 1146 Pucells Cove Road. For more information visit https://greekfest.org
- Saturday, June 17th and 18th – The Halifax Camerata Singers will conclude the season with two performances of the transformational artistic response to anti-gay hate crime, Considering Matthew Shepard. Saturday, June 17, 2023, at 7;30 pm. and Sunday, June 18 at 2:00 p.m., also at St. Andrew’s United Church. The program features guest orchestral musicians, and is composed by Michael Dennis Brown, Lesléa Newman and Craig Hella Johnson. For more info visit https://www.halifaxcamerata.org/concerts-tickets/
- Hope For Wildlife Jubilee Open House – Father’s Day Fundraiser – It’s baby season in NS’s forests and you can help injured and orphaned wildlife. Bring your family for a tour of the Jubilee House learn about its history, and learn the latest on Hope For Wildlife’s work. Kids games, live music and maybe a special visit from an animal or two. 12 to 4pm For more info visit https://www.facebook.com/events/2368071276723487
- Saturday, June 24 – Philippine Fiesta! – HETO NA! HERE WE GO! The countdown begins for the main event we’ve all been waiting for. Philippine Festival 2023! This year’s event will bring you all your favourite Filipino food, acts, and activities together once again. You will be seeing familiar faces and as well as new ones for this year! Garrison Grounds! For more info visit https://www.facebook.com/events/1476375466232851
Rosie Loves Local – Pick of the Month– We had Dominic’s Cucina https://www.instagram.com/dominics_cucina_halifax/ for the first time. Wow! So great, fresh ingredients, gooey cheese, served with a smile. I’ve never had such amazing pizza from a truck. They’re often set up on Prince Albert on the corner of Celtic. Last night we had the Olivia and La Cucina – we’re planning to work out way through the menu!
Shameless Plug of the Month: Saturday, June 3rd – Hawthorne Elementary Spring Fair –Celebrate Spring with games, raffle baskets, cake walk, turnip bowling, guessing jars, prizes and much, much more. Admission is $1. Tickets are 50 cents each. Lots of fun for Everyone! 10am to Noon. Hawthorn Elementary School.
Real Estate Update – The Spring market is soon moving into the summer market and real estate is not slowing down, with many Dartmouth properties getting multiple offers and selling over list price. There is a steady increase of inventory but still not enough supply for all of the buyers in our increasing population growth. Are you ready to take that step? Do you have questions? I’d love to chat with you about the upcoming market.
If you have any info you would like included in the July newsletter,
please call Rosie at 902-209-7073 or email email@example.com